UCSD professor appointed to state tobacco oversight committee
By City News Service
A UC San Diego professor was appointed Friday to the state Tobacco Education and Research Oversight Committee by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Shu-Hong Zhu, 47, is a professor in the UCSD Department of Family and Preventative Medicine, an investigator for the California Smokers’ Helpline and a former project director of the Smoking Cessation Telephone Counseling Program.
The committee oversees the use of Proposition 99 tobacco tax revenues for tobacco research, control and prevention education.
Zhu, a Republican, will receive no salary, and the selection does not require confirmation from the state Senate.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography team's project assisting with Gulf monitoring
- Scripps glaciologist wins Muse Prize
- UCSD's Vinetz to head malaria study
- Scripps professor receives NIH Director's Pioneer Award
- Scripps Health starts work on proton therapy center
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=936