Kudos for polishing the Jewel: La Jolla Elementary's Bloom
The Girard Welcome Plaza, with its series of low profile benches and circle of clear-blue pebbles set in a concrete foundation, adds a wonderful touch to an often busy spot at La Jolla Elementary School. Kudos to Bloom, a privately funded site improvement committee formed by three LJES moms, with the help of donors and volunteers, the group completely renovated landscaping on Girard as well as the Marine Street entry and repainted the entire campus in a project started in 2008.
This weekly column gives kudos to the businesses, property owners and institutions that do their part to help make La Jolla beautiful. Send your suggestions to email@example.com.
- La Jolla's back-to-school dates to note
- Girls get a kick out of Bishop's trio's soccer camp
- Newcomers to Bird Rock Elementary mingle
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
- Kudos to: St. James Gift Shop for polishing the Jewel
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=914