Chargers sign Quinton Teal at strong safety
The 6-0, 205-pound Teal is in his fourth NFL season, having spent the 2007-09 seasons with the Carolina Panthers. He played in all 16 games for the Panthers in ’09, starting the first three, recording 15 tackles and a fumble recovery on defense and eight tackles on special teams. Teal played in 44 games over three years with the Panthers, primarily on special teams, and recorded 26 tackles on those units.
Teal was a two-time first-team All-Big South choice at Coastal Carolina coming out of Marlboro County High School in Bennettsville, South Carolina.
He will wear No. 36 for the Chargers.
Source: San Diego Chargers
- Chargers claim linebacker from Arizona
- Chargers lose rookie linebacker to Achilles injury
- La Jolla golf tournament held in honor of United Cerebral Palsy volunteer
- Schlicher wins La Jolla Tour of Bouys; Tanner victory voided
- La Jolla Broncos get All-Star treatment
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=352