Cruise passenger removed from ship at Point Loma
By City News Service
A 71-year-old male passenger aboard of cruise ship was removed from the ship for medical reasons early Monday about a mile off Point Loma, authorities said.
The U.S. Coast Guard received a call about a passenger aboard the Mariner of the Sea in need of medical assistance about 11:30 p.m. Sunday, according to the federal maritime agency.
About 2:30 a.m., a 41-foot USCG utility boat met the cruise ship about a mile off Point Loma and took the passenger to shore. Paramedics standing by at the San Diego Harbor Police Dock took the man to UC San Diego Medical Center.
- North ConVis contracting marketing to South ConVis
- City wins $21.2M in tax revenues from online travel companies
- Council agrees to ballot measure linking tax to reforms
- District declines to make personnel cuts; budget balance threatened
- Meetings set on I-5 widening proposal
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=750