Sunday morning quake rattles eastern part of county
By City News Service
A 3.5-magnitude earthquake struck in eastern San Diego County Sunday morning, but it was too small to cause any damage.
The 9:41 a.m. shaker was centered 2 miles south-southeast of Ocotillo, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The earth has shaken frequently in the Imperial Valley since the magnitude-7.2 earthquake that struck in south of Mexicali on Easter Sunday, with aftershocks sometimes measuring magnitude-3.0 four or five times a day.
The temblor was the first in the area since Tuesday, according to the USGS.
- 3.8 quake hit south of Mexicali Sunday
- Road leading to airport to close for construction
- Second passenger in light plane crash dies
- Agents interrupt smuggling operations off La Jolla, Point Loma
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in northern Clairemont
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=725