La Jolla native joins Teach For America
La Jolla native Roxanne Cowperthwaite has joined Teach For America, the national corps of top college graduates who commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools in low-income communities.
Cowperthwaite is a 2006 graduate of Academy of Our Lady of Peace, 2010 graduate of Bryant University, and will teach in Dallas beginning this fall.
This fall, more than 8,200 first- and second-year Teach For America corps members will be teaching in 39 urban and rural regions nationwide. They will reach students in more than 100 school districts in 31 states and the District of Columbia.
SOURCE: Press Release
- La Jolla kindergartners, parents getting head start on making friends
- Hillel submits plan for smaller La Jolla center near UCSD
- Scripps professor receives NIH Director's Pioneer Award
- Put this adventure on the list of 'Oops' moments
- SDSU reacts to governor's proposal to restore funding to Cal States
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=693