La Jolla kindergartners, parents getting head start on making friends
Parents anxious about the kindergarten experience — and veterans who’ve been through it before — are getting together at all three of La Jolla’s public schools to give their children a chance to make new friends before school starts on Sept. 7.
Bird Rock and La Jolla Elementary organizers have set up playdates, and Torrey Pines parents have already had the first of two afternoon get-togethers.
Among the upcoming events are:
- The last playdate for Bird Rock kindergarteners will be from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 25 at Fanuel Park. For information, contact Stephanie Teeple at firstname.lastname@example.org or Meredith Brunette at email@example.com.
- Torrey Pines will hold its second family gathering at 4 p.m. Aug. 29 at Villa La Jolla Park. Go to www.tpesfoundation.org.
- La Jolla Elemntary parents are meeting from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each Sunday for playgroups at the Open Aire Market on the kindergarten playground. They’ll also hold a barbecue for kindergartners and their parents at 5 p.m. Sept. 2.
Kindergarten teachers, PTO representatives and Friends of LJE will be on hand.
Meanwhile, all of the schools are asking parents to get their new students signed up before school starts. La Jolla will hold special sign-up days between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Aug. 31 or 6 and 8 p.m. Sept. 1.
Bird Rock will be open from 9: 30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, and Torrey Pines will reopen on Aug. 26.
- Hillel submits plan for smaller La Jolla center near UCSD
- La Jolla chiropractors to host open house
- Kudos to: St. James Gift Shop for polishing the Jewel
- La Jolla lifeguard tower projects moving toward contracts
- Decision looms on BigBelly purchase
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=658