3.8 quake hit south of Mexicali Sunday
By City News Service
A magnitude 3.8 aftershock struck the Imperial Valley and eastern San Diego County on Sunday, according to automated seismographs and computers operated by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The aftershock was centered 30 miles south of Mexicali, about 115 miles east of San Diego. It hit at 11:37 a.m.
Thousands of similarly-sized aftershocks have rattled the area since a magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck April 2, killing two people in Mexicali and causing hundreds of millions dollars damage in Imperial County.
- Month was coolest July in nearly a century
- SDSU reacts to governor's proposal to restore funding to Cal States
- Meetings set on I-5 widening proposal
- Man arrested after allegedly attacking wife, son with scissors
- Philanthropist, heart valve inventor dies
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=566