Police car strikes, kills bicyclist
A 60-year-old man was killed Monday when his bicycle was struck by a San Diego police car at a busy University City intersection at the height of the morning rush hour, officials said.
The cyclist died at the scene of the crash in the 3900 block of Governor Drive at the intersection of Genesee Avenue, a San Diego Fire-Rescue dispatcher said.
The accident involved a San Diego police officer, said San Diego police Detective Gary Hassen. But no other details were immediately released.
The crash was first reported around 7:20 a.m., he said. A coroner was sent to the scene, said a Medical Examiner’s Office investigator.
- Seals spark more conversation
- Knights girls dig deep for victory in volleyball tournament
- Kitchen Shrink: Stomp out cookware and utensil gremlins
- Beach City Invitational set to invade La Jolla
- Be careful when picking a surf school
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=12749