La Jolla Renaissance Singers perform from Henry VIII
The La Jolla Renaissance Singers’ concert program for Spring 2008 features rarely-performed choral and instrumental works by the Great Harry (Henry VIII) himself, plus selections by the distinguished musicians who graced his court: Robert Fayrfax (1464-1521), William Cornysh (1465-1523) and Thomas Tallis (c. 1505-1583). Also included are works attributed to Henry’s second wife Anne Boleyn and his father Henry VII, as well as anonymous compositions of the Tudor era.
All performances are free and open to the public.
Saturday May 31, 7 p.m. at University City United Church, 2877 Governor Drive.
Sunday June 1, 3 p.m. St David’s Church, Bay Park at 5050 Milton St.
Tuesday June 10, 7 p.m. San Diego Museum of Art, Balboa Park at 1450 El Prado.
- Financial turmoil in San Diego city government gives new life to the push for secession
- Fencing champ inspires students
- Fate of UCSD chancellor’s house yet to be decided
- Family support matters in surfing
- Exquisite food and charm meet at Mustangs & Burros
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=10905