Monday night comes alive
Monday night is typically a dark day for theater. But supporters of the La Jolla Playhouse gathered at the Mandell Weiss Forum on a recent Monday night for a Center Stage Club fund-raiser to benefit its education and outreach programs.
Monday Night Live featured a cocktail reception and a rafter-raising performance by soulful songstress Vonda Shepard. After the show, major donors enjoyed a dessert reception with the singer who catapulted to fame as a result of the hit television series “Ally McBeal.”
Many La Jollans attended, including Toni and John Bloomberg, Sheila and Jeff Lipinsky, Hermeen and Sam Scharaga, Valerie and Harry Cooper, Steve Strauss, Lise Wilson, Cindy Goodman, Esther Nahama, Linda Satz, Barbara ZoBell and Gail Bryan.
- Polish avant-garde jazz masters come to the Athenaeum
- Make a back to school plan for healthier kids
- Interior design stores want visitors to see What’s Up Girard
- Braff triumphs in funny, clever ‘Garden State’
- ‘Learned helplessness’ can be overcome
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=11902